Not sleeping during logout

Not applicable

This is probably an odd question, but this issue occurs some (read all of the time) in my environment.

We run laptops for our students, they are on carts and have a generic local login that the students use to login and do their work, and then they connect to their server account to upload what they need when they are done. It's not perfect, but it's what we can use with so many mobile laptops, but not enough to give every student their own.

The problem I am having is that the students are closing the lids of the computers while the computers are logging out, so the computer will go to sleep during the logout policies, and will have issues when they are woken up.

Has anyone experienced this, and maybe come up with a solution, other than the obvious of teaching the students (and teachers) to not do that? I have toyed with popping up a custom lock screen (a la Flash Player Installation thread), but the lock screen does not stay up long enough prior to the logout to be read, and I don't want to significantly lengthen the time it takes to log out, as that's why students close the lids to begin with.

It would be nice to be able to deploy policies on logout, but with the current predicament I'm in, I can't bet on having the policies succeed.

Thanks,
Robert

0 REPLIES 0