Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Safari 16.3.1 Standalone Installers

For anyone that prefers to make Safari updates available via Self Service, here are the standalone installer download links extracted from Apple's Software Update Server catalog for what Apple's Security update bulletins published today are calling S...  View more

• 31 replies
  • 5 kudos

Prestage or enrollment customization Settings

I am new to Jamf Pro. I would like to get Mobile devices to enroll using a prestage or enrollment customization login.I have tried "require credentials for enrollment" , "SSO" and "LDAP" in enrollment customization. This options only work for direct ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Populating Excel with Smart Group count

I have an Excel file that I'd like to automatically retrieve Smart Group count information. I am eventually want to build charts in Excel with that data. If retrieving count info is possible, what steps do I need to make that happen? Thank you in adv...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues with Firewall Reporting

I'm having some trouble getting a few macs to report correctly on their firewall status. I've verified that the firewalls are enabled on all machines, that the firewall config profile is installed, but still getting several reporting back that the fi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove Locked MDM Profile

The DEP process where I work doesn't allow MDM Profile removal on some Mac devices.Which is fine etc....But currently after a Cyberattack in my organization my JAMF instance is offline.I need to remove the MDM configuration profiles as something in t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF Admin - Install only if architecture type is

Is anyone else having problems with using the feature in JAMF Admin for "Install only if architecture type is". It does not seem to work because it will not save the setting. The behavior from the application is it lets you set the setting, save. But...  View more

Screenshot 2023-02-13 at 8.40.18 AM.png
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Best Practices

Hello Everyone,My company is slowly moving into the Apply ecosystem and I was put in charge of setting up MDM with Jamf. I do already have some good experience with Apple itself from previous days working at the Genius Bar. But, not at the enterprise...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

How do you handle the Azure AD registration?

Hi all, how do you all manage/handle the Azure AD registration, specifically on end-user devices?We've finally been able to get the registration to work, so objects are created in AAD and evaluated for Conditional Access. But the process is a bit fid...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying Firefox browser extensions

Hi,We need to deploy a browser extension for a software called Torii.For Chrome, it was pretty straight forward.However, for Firefox, I was unable to follow along the documentation here - https://support.toriihq.com/hc/en-us/articles/5148326594203-De...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

NOOB prestage enrollment question.

I am teaching myself jamf on the fly it's going well so far. I just have one burning question. When I go to Devices> Prestage Enrollments> Scope> View should this always be populated with devices? I am just wondering why once the enrollment process i...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computer Group list last check in

I want my computer groups to list the computer name, username and last check-in.A while back a co-worker showed me how to list the username, it was some sort of global settingbut I can't remember where it was.Can somebody point me in the right direct...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

shared calendars not showing

using jamfpro with office 365 for mail/calendar/contacts syncing and using the built in mail/calendar app for apple iPhones. How do I go about seeing shared calendars. Is this a issue with the apple built in calendar app? Would we have to use outlook...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

AIRPRINT

question here, about airprinting from iPads - we cant seem to, settings look alright on the printer airprint is enabled, ipp and mdns are enabled as well - any thoughts on how to succesfully airprint, airprint is also allowed in jamf  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Set QuickTime Player as Default Video Player

Hi All! Any recommendations you might have on this would be appreciated. Disclaimer, I haven't pulled out all the stops on testing this, just looking to see if anyone has a quick solution.Is there a way to set QuickTime as the default video playback ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Chrome settings - HTTPS Always on

I need to find a way to turn on the setting in Chrome: "Always use secure connectionsUpgrade navigations to HTTPS and warn you before loading sites that don't support it" Has any one tackled this before or know a command or plist to edit that will en...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

User can't login in JAMF iOS Self Service

Hi everyone,today I came across an error where the user can't login in the SelfService anymore. The authentication in the MacOS SelfService does work.It is strange to see that the logs mentioned further down are basically saying that the login succes...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable browser cache

Is there a way to use a configuration profile or script to disable browser caching similar to manually going into Developer tools and selecting "Disable cache". We have several remote Macs we want to disable browser caching on and would like to do it...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

SAP / macOS-enterprise-privileges (Privileges.app)

Can anyone help me with examples of what to use so I can setup remotelogging? What companies to use, what setups? I understand if this is vague, I am actually struggling on how to ask the question.Problem: Who should be the host for this?Description:...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors