Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Erase-install.sh failing at getting latest installer

I have been using the erase-install.pkg successfully for some time, placing it within Self-Sevice and allowing users to install at their convenience. However, with one user, I have run into an issue where is appears that the step of grabbing the late...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacOS SysLog Redirection

I am being tasked with sorting out a solution for macOS SysLog redirection. Security is wanting/needing macOS user Authentication logs among other logs. Most of the tools I am seeing died when Apple updated to Universal Logging. I'm working with our ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 1 kudos

Workflow for replacing student iPads

We will be replacing approximately 900 student ipads this year. Would anyone be willing to describe their workflow tips/processes for wiping the devices, deleting Jamf inventory records and releasing them from ASM? thanks in advance.Dale Beachy  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrollment process

Hello, wanted to ask if there was a way once a machine is done with the enrollment process it would log or restart to signal that is done with all policy's and profiles.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Query computer for locked or unlocked state

Is there a way we can query a computer for its locked or unlocked state? I'm familiar with endpoints to get the command status.../JSSResource/computerhistory/id/{id}/subset/commands/JSSResource/computercommands/name/DeviceLock...but neither of these ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Safari Patching

Evening Everyone.We have been patching safari for the last few Version on our Monterey device. Currently patching 16.3.While all looks well in Jamf patching management for Safari. I have checked a handfull of devices and 16.3 is install and working. ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable the ability to connect to wireless

Hello,I am not sure if I am looking for the wrong item or not wording my search correctly to find anything relevant but is there a way to disable or delete the wireless connection or options on our Macs that are hardwired with ethernet. We have stude...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Policy Scope target LDAP Group and users

Hello, I am setting up configurations profiles that now I want to start adding in some scoping to using based on user logged in. I see when I go to exclusions it shows the options for LDAP Users, LDAP Groups. However if I go to select specific scope ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

LaunchAgent to shutdown idle Macs

Hi there,I'm struggling. We are a vocational school (~1000 devices) and some of our students don't shutdown their Macs correctly (every day). They are still logged in or just did a logout but didn't shut down the machine.So I decided to script agains...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 1 kudos

Is there a timeout for Jamf API commands?

I'm going down the rabbit hole of fixing our devices that stopped checking in due to the invalid device signature issue that has been seemingly plaguing customers. I've had great success using Jamf API commands (jamf-management-framework) to get acti...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managing Multi-user Classrooms with Fast Turnover

Hello Jamf Community,I work with a University. In our department we run Mac labs that act as classrooms for a large variety of classes that are reserved daily. We are redesigning our Mac classroom "build" primarily with Jamf Pro. The biggest hurdle t...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Removing Local Admin Privilege using a Script

Hello,I been trying to remove local admin privilege for all users, but with an exception of two Local accounts. I was able to find a script from a previous post. For the most part it works, but one of the local admin account name has spaces in it. So...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote Install update macOS 12.6.3

Hello friends, So we are a very small team and I am very new to this admin role and we are realizing that we should have done this a few months back, but didn't do enough research at the time. So, excuses aside, here is the issue. We had our users up...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS 13.2.1 updates are rebooting to recovery

Anybody else noticing that the macOS 13.2.1 update is causing machines to boot to system recovery? I had 1 user report that it booted to recovery, but they were able to reboot it again and it was fine. Another user had to enter the recovery key. I th...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 5 kudos

How do you find plist properties that are supported?

I feel like I'm missing something fundamental about plist files and I could use a little education. I understand plist files are basically settings files with key value pairs so you can save/push configurations for the system and apps. What I don't r...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf Pro Device Signature Error

Hello all,I currently have an active ticket with Jamf pertaining to this infamous issue. Currently I have around 78 devices that have not checked into Jamf, and we suspect that are are more devices than what I listed that are impacted. I have tried s...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Safari 16.3.1 Standalone Installers

For anyone that prefers to make Safari updates available via Self Service, here are the standalone installer download links extracted from Apple's Software Update Server catalog for what Apple's Security update bulletins published today are calling S...  View more

• 31 replies
  • 5 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors