Odd DP Scoping Issue

andrew_nicholas
Valued Contributor

I'm working on testing out setting up one of our remote sites (European Office, USA hosted) and I'm seeing some weird DP issues. Machines enroll/communicate fine, however they receive the correct DP for their network segment when deploying through Self Service, but when trying to image using Casper Imaging, they default to our Internet Facing DP. None of our other sites (including Canada) have this issue. Has anyone else seen behavior like this? I plan to have a DP at their site for obvious reasons, but I would still think that the Network segment should be providing whichever DP it is set to by default, regardless of Casper Imaging/Self Service.

4 REPLIES 4

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@andrew.nicholas Odd indeed. Closet I've seen is this. might be worth running the check mentioned to double check.

Another thing would be how your network segments are setup.

andrew_nicholas
Valued Contributor

@bentoms Thanks for this, I'll check it out!

Jookyseacap
New Contributor III

I'm encountering a similar issue at at my location. I have a question though are you using DP's or a JDS setup. We use JDSs here and find that when we create a internet network in the JSS and then image with a JDS set as a sites primary DP, Casper imaging will default to the internet JDS rather than the site JDS. Self Service works fine. We also found that if we set the site default to a standard DP and not a JDS Casper Image also worked fine, it is only when the site has their primary DP set as a JDS with an internet network segment set, that we have seen this issue in our environment. I currently have a support ticket open regarding the problem.

andrew_nicholas
Valued Contributor

We use DP's rather than JDS's set as primary DP's via network segments and all of the machines return the correct code (-1) for DP via Network.