Odd package deployment behavior

Aaron
Contributor II

Hi guys,

Got an odd issue here that driving me up the wall.

I have a policy defined to update the Flash package on clients if it's out of date. The policy runs, but on about 75% of the clients it errors out with this:

/usr/sbin/jamf is version 8.73
    Executing Policy Update Flash (auto)...
    Downloading BOM for FlashPlayer13.0.0.214.pkg...
    This Apple Package did not have a valid index.bom file. Assuming it is a flat file package.
    Downloading http://server/CasperShare/Packages//FlashPlayer13.0.0.214.pkg...
    Error: The package could not be found on the server.
    Running Recon...

If I browse to the link in the above error, I can download the file just fine. Apache logs shows:

[02/Jun/2014:12:17:52 +1000] "GET /CasperShare/Packages/FlashPlayer13.0.0.214.pkg HTTP/1.1" 416 429 "-" "curl/7.24.0 (x86_64-apple-darwin12.0) libcurl/7.24.0 OpenSSL/0.9.8y zlib/1.2.5"

HTTP 416 being "Requested Range not satisfiable". I can see other requests in the log going through with 200 just fine, but not many.

I've tried deleting the policy, and recreating it, using different names, but it's always the same issue. Same problem if I make the policy available to be run from the Self Service. It was working well, once upon a time, for a few months before throwing up this error.

Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1

Aaron
Contributor II

Further to this, I can see that the package is getting downloaded to the client in /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Downloads (if I delete the package and re-run the policy, it gets redownloaded), and it's downloading in full. So, it can find it on the server no problem, but running it after it had been downloaded? I did have it set to "Make available offline", I've switched that off but no difference.