Office 2011 home & business edition not accepting product key after install

AlistairCarr
New Contributor II

Hi all, I have run a search but can't find anything related to this specific issue

We're deploying office 2011 home and business edition to self service when a user clicks the package installs

When starting for the first time it quite correctly asks for the product key but when we enter the product key supplied it says it is invalid (it isn't)

Any thoughts ?

Thanks in advance !

2 REPLIES 2

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

I haven't deployed that version but I take it its a license key version and not a broken site license version?

The only reason I mention it is because of the latest deployment problem, licensing breaks if you deploy Office 2011 and patch it to 14.5.0 without launching any of the apps first.

I'm probably way off on this one but thought I'd throw it out there just in case.

freddie_cox
Contributor III

I also have never deployed Home and Business Edition, but I would assume the licensing configuration is similar.

Volume/Site License file is located here: /Library/Preferences/com.microsoft.office.licensing.plist

How are you deploying: Did you capture the install or are you using the mpkg installer? Are your users standard users? If so, they may not be able to write to the license file on first launch.

As always, @rtrouton has a detailed write-up around how he is deploying the latest Office update to ensure it has his correct licensing applied. Der Flounder - Creating An Office 2011 14.5.0 Installer