OFFICE 2016 Mac Repair Library

5Y54DMIN
Contributor

I used composer to create DMG for office 2016. However after i image an computer And launch Office 2016 i get OSX needs to repair your library.

Any thoughts as to what the cause is?

21 REPLIES 21

kly
New Contributor

Hi pgh

We are using a Office 2016 VL and we ran into issues with the keychain and various Library issues.
Check the ~/Library/Containers/ for com.microsoft.Word and the others on the user template.
I removed them from my package and it worked.

5Y54DMIN
Contributor

@kly I found ~/Library/Containers/ for com.microsoft.Word however what do i exactly Remove? What file or folder?

5Y54DMIN
Contributor

@kly

Are you saying to remove everything in Containers?

com.microsoft.office365ServiceV2
Com.microsoft.word

kly
New Contributor

@pgh

Yeah..
We removed everything inside the Containers folder for our Office 2016 package. This includes com.microsoft.office365ServicesV2
com.microsoft.word
com.microsoft.Excel
com.microsoft.Powerpoint
com.microsoft.Outlook

5Y54DMIN
Contributor

@kly

In Composer i deleted

com.microsoft.office365ServicesV2
com.microsoft.word

The following three was not present
com.microsoft.Excel
com.microsoft.Powerpoint
com.microsoft.Outlook

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@pgh & @kly I'd urge you to deploy the PKG.

You'll not have these issues (& others that may crop up from a snapshotted install).

5Y54DMIN
Contributor

@bentoms

How do you deploy the PKG?

bentoms

@pgh Take the PKG you have from Microsoft, add to Casper, install via Policy, imaging or remote.

You'll want to cache & then install.

5Y54DMIN
Contributor

@bentoms

Does the PKG need any type of install script?

So you saying i can upload it to casper Admin, put it in an install configuration and run that install configuration in casper imaging?

What do you mean Cache and then install?

bentoms

@pgh When the PKG is uploaded to Casper Admin.

Tick "Install from boot volume during imaging"

This will download it to the Mac & install it from there.

Try that 1st.

5Y54DMIN
Contributor

@bentoms

It works However there are issues:

I have to tell it skip iCloud sign in when it logs into temporary adobe install account it then locks the screen saying its finishing installation. I did run word however it does not allow me to skip sign in. i then log in as administrator. and it still will not allow me to skip installation.

I also installed it with out "Install on boot drive after imaging" And it does not want to launch, it crashes

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

@pgh the temporary adobe install account is where the first boot package installs take place. That is normal. Usually if you wait just a few seconds the JAMF helper curtain will cover up everything and the first boot script will begin to install any packages that you have set to install at first boot. Once all that is finished the computer will reboot and take you to the login window. If the JAMF helper curtain isn't coming up correctly it may be because the version of Casper Imaging doesn't match the version of the JSS.

5Y54DMIN
Contributor

@mpermann

The curtain comes up and office install, however it shows iCloud that i have to skip. And it install but does not allow me to skip log in.

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

@pgh what version of Casper Imaging and the JSS are you using? Are you NetBooting the computers? If you are what OS is on your NBI and how did you create it?

5Y54DMIN
Contributor

@mpermann @bentoms @kly

When i install the PKG from the ISO that was downloaded from MS volume license site and i install the pkg during the imaging process below is the error report i get when i open any apps from MS office 2016. the PKG has not been modified in any way.

This is also in reference to what i said in an earlier post

" also installed it with out "Install on boot drive after imaging" And it does not want to launch, it crashes"

Process:               Microsoft Word [656]
Path:                  /Applications/Microsoft Word.app/Contents/MacOS/Microsoft Word
Identifier:            com.microsoft.Word
Version:               ???
Code Type:             X86 (Native)
Parent Process:        ??? [1]
Responsible:           Microsoft Word [656]
User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2015-12-10 16:00:00.406 -0500
OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.11.2 (15C50)
Report Version:        11
Anonymous UUID:        8045E834-3DF7-0F81-8DB9-EA2A41EDE2E5

Time Awake Since Boot: 38 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0

Exception Type:        EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: @rpath/mbukernel.framework/Versions/A/mbukernel
  Referenced from: /Applications/Microsoft Word.app/Contents/MacOS/Microsoft Word
  Reason: image not found

Binary Images:
0x8fe6b000 - 0x8fe9f5cf  dyld (360.18) <25D51D2B-794C-3911-9EEE-B1F0035D7104> /usr/lib/dyld

Model: MacBookPro11,4, BootROM MBP114.0172.B00, 4 processors, Intel Core i7, 2.2 GHz, 16 GB, SMC 2.29f23
Graphics: Intel Iris Pro, Intel Iris Pro, Built-In
Memory Module: BANK 0/DIMM0, 8 GB, DDR3, 1600 MHz, 0x802C, 0x31364B544631473634485A2D314736453120
Memory Module: BANK 1/DIMM0, 8 GB, DDR3, 1600 MHz, 0x802C, 0x31364B544631473634485A2D314736453120
AirPort: spairport_wireless_card_type_airport_extreme (0x14E4, 0x152), Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (7.21.94.136.1a1)
Bluetooth: Version 4.4.3f4 16616, 3 services, 27 devices, 1 incoming serial ports
Network Service: Thunderbolt Ethernet, Ethernet, en3
PCI Card: Apple 57762-A0, Ethernet Controller, Thunderbolt@195,0,0
Serial ATA Device: APPLE SSD SM0256G, 251 GB
USB Device: USB 3.0 Bus
USB Device: Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad
USB Device: Bluetooth USB Host Controller
Thunderbolt Bus: MacBook Pro, Apple Inc., 27.1
Thunderbolt Device: Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter, Apple Inc., 3, 5.5

CGundersen
Contributor III

@pgh I've been using a method very similar to what @rtrouton blogged here

That said, there is a new version (15.17) afoot that will hopefully be available on VLSC soon (later this evening/morning). You will want to leverage new licensing serializer .pkg rather than packaging up licensingV2.plist file (from what I've gathered). Exciting.

edit: Good point by Ben below (re-wrap package). We might continue with this workflow as we don't need/want to send out Outlook (realizing using Choices.XML is mo' proper). So, possibly just getting the select apps we need (Work, PowerPoint, Excel) and re-wrapping w/ thought toward new licensing process.

5Y54DMIN
Contributor

@CGundersen

What is the program he is using in the blog post to make that package?

Also do you recommend i just wait for 15.17?

CGundersen
Contributor III

@pgh Packages. Yes, I would grab what should become available very shortly ...

edit: I've been reminded on Slack that the VLSC will not likely have 15.17 until early Jan. Darn.

bentoms

@pgh & @CGundersen 15.17 is out now on VLSC.

Here are some details on the serialisation changes.

Also, we don't re-wrap the PKG.. just rename it as we want & upload to Casper Admin.

georgecm12
Contributor III

The version on VLSC is still 15.14 (X20-52736). 15.17 won't be posted to VLSC until the first week in January.

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

Possible fix here.

--
https://donmontalvo.com