Office for Mac Group tab is grayed out

user-rZvDDSBAKT
New Contributor II

My users are not able to create any groups in outlook, the tab is grayed out.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Are you talking about creating a contact list in Outlook? If so, have your or your users switched to the "new Outlook experience" UI? If yes, then guess what? Microsoft didn't seem to see fit to include creating Contact lists in the new Outlook experience. The reason stems from the fact that the new experience doesn't support the On my Mac folders that the older UI did, and contact lists in the Mac version of Outlook are stored in the local folders.

If they're still on the old experience, check to see if you've deployed a profile to them that force disables the On My Computer folders. If so, that's the likely culprit.

View solution in original post

Thank you very much. I was turning my head trying to see what was the issue, but you are correct Microsoft did not include this in the product.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Are you talking about creating a contact list in Outlook? If so, have your or your users switched to the "new Outlook experience" UI? If yes, then guess what? Microsoft didn't seem to see fit to include creating Contact lists in the new Outlook experience. The reason stems from the fact that the new experience doesn't support the On my Mac folders that the older UI did, and contact lists in the Mac version of Outlook are stored in the local folders.

If they're still on the old experience, check to see if you've deployed a profile to them that force disables the On My Computer folders. If so, that's the likely culprit.

Thank you very much. I was turning my head trying to see what was the issue, but you are correct Microsoft did not include this in the product.