Onedrive and Patch Management

goffja2000
New Contributor

Wondering if anyone else has seen a similar issue. Recently I updated the package in our patch management for the onedrive application on our Macs to 19.152.0801.00007. We were running 19.103. I have some of our Macs updating to 19.174.0902 which looks like the insider version. Others are updating to the 19.152 version as intended. I opened word on machines with both versions of onedrive and selected check for updates and both were set to the production channel.

I uninstalled onedrive on my mac and installed the 19.152 package manually and after opening onedrive it updated itself to the 19.174 version.

I attempted to run the following defaults command to try to set the updates to the enterprise channel and uninstalled / reinstalled onedrive but got the same behavior.
defaults write com.microsoft.OneDriveUpdater UpdateRing Enterprise

I downloaded the onedrive package from the link at macadmins.software like I usually would.

All of my macs have had the same initial installation of office 2019 with our 16.23.19030902 with our volume license serializer package

jss 10.15.1 version
os 10.14.6

Thanks,

Jason

2 REPLIES 2

cbd4s
Contributor II

I think 9.174.0902 is no longer the insider version and Jamf just listed it in the patch management.
However, I can't find anywhere on Microsoft site to download this version installer.

Just_Jack
Contributor

Here is where you can get the different versions of OneDrive.
OneDrive release notes