OS X 10.8.3 and SelfService.app 8.62

evanmellichampe
New Contributor III

We recently had a user upgrade his MacBook Air to OS X 10.8.3 (from 10.8.2). After the upgrade, policies in SelfService would fail immediately. There have been no Policy Logs captured for the failed events.

I had the user reinstall the 8.62 QuickAdd.pkg and that immediately resolved the issue.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

evanmellichampe
New Contributor III

After further testing, this seems to be a relatively isolated issue. I've since been able to upgrade a handful of machines to 10.8.3 while the JSS remains at 8.62. These machines are still able to launch policies within the SelfService.app, so... Keep Calm and Carry On I guess!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

I've not noticed, but we were on 8.63 by the time 10.8.3 came out and very quickly onto 8.64 (hope I got the timing right)! However, I have seen units go nuts during their normal recon process. This is generally fixed by running a manual recon or quickadd. Though, it's still pretty rare here.

alexjdale
Valued Contributor III

We haven't seen that with 10.8.2-10.8.3 but there is a good chance that the local Casper admin account was compromised somehow. As I understand it, it's used by Self Service to perform any actions (so standard users can perform tasks through Self Service that require admin rights).

Reinstalling the Quickadd would recreate the account and fix the issue.

evanmellichampe
New Contributor III

After further testing, this seems to be a relatively isolated issue. I've since been able to upgrade a handful of machines to 10.8.3 while the JSS remains at 8.62. These machines are still able to launch policies within the SelfService.app, so... Keep Calm and Carry On I guess!