OS X Configuration Profile Distribution Report!!!

sumit_batra
New Contributor

Hi Fellas,

The community has been a saviour for me whenever I am struck somewhere with Casper. Need your assistance again to get a report/ list of mac machines where OS X Configuration profile distribution is pending or has failed. We had created OS X Configuration profile to distribute our company certificates on Mac machines. We can get the numbers in dashboard with respect to distribution status, however we need a report that can let us know the mac details where it this distribution is pending or failed. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Sumit

4 REPLIES 4

NowAllTheTime
Contributor III

Hello,

There is not currently functionality baked into the JSS to get at this data. I have a feature request in that you can up-vote if you like; hopefully we'll see these logs included in a future Casper Suite update:
https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/featureRequest.html?id=1950

Others here may have come up with their own workarounds to see this information, but I've yet to find a way to get anything beyond what you can see on the dashboard.

Best of luck,
J

P.S. All genders are represented in the JAMF Nation forums, not just 'fellas.'

obi-k
Valued Contributor II

Hello,

As workaround we pushed our certs by package/.dmg, then used a script to toss it in the Keychain. Is that an option?

Matt
Valued Contributor

Not to be nit picky here but "fella's" is short for fellows which is not gender biased.

I hope we don't become the PC thought police here everyone. I think its safe to assume we don't have gender bashers here.

NowAllTheTime
Contributor III

Hi Matt,

Not intended to make any assumptions of intention, just casually nodding to the diversity represented here on JAMF Nation.

I am in agreement this is not a place appropriate for political assertion - it should remain focused on topics related to JAMF Software products and Apple platforms. I do, however, think a simple change in language can help make JAMF Nation a more inclusive resource.

All the best,
J