Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Self Service bookmarks

In a presentation yesterday someone quickly demonstrated Self Service and had bookmarks down the left column. How do you do that? I believe they said it is available on 8.6+ so we should be good...I just don't recall seeing that in my daily use of th...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Client installation problem - help?

I'm trying to set up a new client server on our cluster - until now it's been a simple parent/child setup, but I'm adding several child servers, this one being the first. Trying to install the JSS on the new server, it's refusing to accept the MySQL ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

JNUC: K12 iPads in Education Meet-Up

I've enjoyed chatting with many of you during the last two days about iPads in education. Thought it would be fun to have a round table discussion and chat about deploying and managing iPads in K12 institutions in an informal setting. Lets meet for c...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Users "Desktop" Home folder

In Mountain Lion, when an AD User logs in their home folder appears in the dock and on the desktop. The home folder on the desktop is the actual volume where their home folder lives, so they see more than we want them to. How can I just make that "De...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

#JNUC - Managing the Unmanageable

Presenters: Bill Hansen and Bryson TyrrellLocation: Wertele Thrust Stage (level 4, Guthrie)Time: Thursday, October 25 at 2:15pm Join Bill Hansen and Bryson Tyrrell for a look inside the IT world at JAMF Software. Learn about how we use the Casper Sui...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS Appliance - changing the AFP share name

By default the appliance has a single AFP share called "Home Directory". If you want to change that to something else, as long as you have command line access it's quite easy. Log into shelluser or equivalent user and type the following: "sudo cp /et...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Setting up A Clustered JSS

Working my way through setting up a Clustered JSS environment. My Main JSS is on our internal VPN running Ubuntu and connected to our consolidated MySQL Server. I have tested, JSS is accessing the database and everything is functioning properly. Now,...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting Search Domains Dynamically

Hi, First post! I'm new to Casper (have about four months experience under my belt) and i've been working on an implementation project for 8.62. One of the things i've encountered was our need to set search domains on each mac to ensure that things l...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Laptop backups

We've been using CrashPlan for a few years, and are looking for alternatives to backup our fleet of laptops. Any recommendations on solutions that are easy to deploy with Casper?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove SSID's from lists.

We have staff members clicking on our guest network. I would like to find a script that removes the guest network from the network connections lists. I believe its called the perferred network list. Is there any way we can do this?  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

#JNUC Keynote Feedback

Hey guys, Thanks for the warm kick off this morning, it was awesome to feel so welcome by everyone! We covered a few big themes this morning: The Power of And; the Intersection of Apple and Enterprise, and Going Global. Zach did a demo of version 9.0...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Missing domain/plist

Hi all, I have created a managed preference (MCX) through Casper to disable AirDrop but after a 2nd look I realize that my test system does not have the domain/plist /Library/Preferences/com.apple.NetworkBrowser.... Why is this? I did notice that my ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auto Launch Safari to a specific webpage

I need to auto launch Safari to a specific webpage every time a user logs in. What is the best way to go about this with Casper. I have created an Automator app and manually copied it to the drive and set it as a login item. I have also created a .sh...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad Authentication to Active Directory

Is there a way to force iPads to authenticate to active directory using the JAMF MDM?Our web filtration (M86 Security) is based on Active Directory user accounts so all our iPads are getting the most restrictive filtration as they are not authenticat...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

#JNUC Meetups?

Since we're all here to connect with others, how about a thread on ideas/meetups for this week's JNUC? Hearing good things about Bryant Lake Bowl's microbrew selections, as well Town Hall Brewery for a more local option. Others?  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service Question

Ok, I've deployed a package to my Mac desktop. I setup the package to run via Self Service. When I click on the package to install it I am prompted to enter the Local Admin password. First, I am logged on as an Admin and second, in the JSS web portal...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

What order do policies execute in?

I posted this earlier, and either it was too easy and I should have known the answer or it was too hard for the forum. So I'll try again :-) If you build a policy that has three things identified in it: A packageA scriptA command (advanced tab) What ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Package Deployments

Sorry to start a new thread but the last one got too long. I've added a package to the Casper Admin tool. I've read must of the "quickstart_guild_for_mobile_device_management". In that document on page 20 it talks about "distribute an App". it says t...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

What to backup on JSS?

Hi, all. I'm setting up Windows Server Backup on my JSS and am wondering what other folks are doing as far as backup configuration. What items are you backing up? I was thinking system state, the JSS backups folder, and my repository. Do I need to ba...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

#JNUC: Getting Hooked on Self Service

Please come out and join Andrew Seago with, Getting Hooked on Self Service. This session wlll be running Thursday, October 25, 1-2pm. We'll take a look at how Self Service has been utilized to efficiently and effectively provide software deployments ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

#JNUC: Extension Attributes in Sheep's Clothing

Arek Sokol will be covering, Extension Attributes in Sheeps clothing, Wednesday, October 24 10:15-11:30 in the Dowling Studio. This session will give you a new perspective or two on Extension Attributes, including real-world examples for leveraging t...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors