OSx Update

ryan_er
New Contributor II

Hello,

I am having trouble getting JAMF to run an update on machines. I am able to get it to download the installer, but then not install it. Here is what i did:

1. I went to apple to download the combo installer. https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1931?locale=en_US
  2. I went to casper composer and i turned this .dmg file into a pkg.
  3. I went to my JAMF console and created a package (only option i checked was - requires restart)
  4. Next, I went to create a policy. I made the trigger as a "reoccurring check-in" and changed the execution frequency set to "once per computer".
  5. Under Scope I chose a specific computer i'm testing with. (i do realize i can make a smart group when i'm ready to do this in bulk)
  6. filled in some dummy messages under "user interactions"
  7. I went to packages and then i chose "cloud distribution point" and then i found the package i created in step 3.

I then waited patiently for the machine to pick up the policy on check-in and then it downloads the package and then it displays the completed message, but it never actually installs the update. Please help!

1 REPLY 1

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

Hi Ryan,

After downloading the update, double-click to mount the DMG. Inside is a .pkg, which you can add directly to jamfPro.
No need to use composer.
Sandy