OT: Expiring Adobe Creative Cloud Licenses.

taugust04
Valued Contributor

In case anyone else is searching for this information, I wanted to post this here, since our entire Creative Cloud deployment went down today. I know this isn't directly Casper related, but since many of us are familiar with Adobe Creative Cloud licensing and packaging, I figure having it here might help, for future reference - this is a copy and paste from what I wrote on the Adobe Enterprise Deployment forum page.

First off, i want to commend Adobe Enterprise Support for responding back to me after I was on hold for over an hour and then gave up and left a voice mail. The Adobe engineer I spoke with explained that the license number we were using was a "Grand Gesture" license that was given out to most volume license users of Adobe CS6 after Creative Cloud was released. As an IT admin, my Adobe Licensing account was provided with one of these 18 month licenses that expired, even though my university had negotiated a Creative Cloud enterprise license with Adobe. Unfortunately, that proper license was only issued to one specific contact person, and it was a person that probably signed the paper work for the site license but doesn't really handle the "technical matters" in terms of software licensing. Our IT department was under the impression that the Grand Gesture license was the one we should be using for deployment. And he we are today - with expired licenses! Here's some additional information provided to me, in the hopes of informing others: "Because you have experienced a time-out of your CCE licenses, this email should help you to re-license the software as quickly as possible—and without reinstalling the applications. There is a two-step process to follow that should get you up-and-running: Identify the correct CCE serial number to use for the relicensing process. Note that some older CC serial numbers in the Licensing Web Site—the portal where your serial number can be found—are now past their active date. You will want to confirm that you are using the correct number. To do so, either look for serial numbers that DO NOT contain the additional text “EDFUL.” The second step involves taking the new serial number, and creating an updated Adobe License file in the Adobe Creative Cloud packager and deploying it with your normal remote management tools. So, if you're experiencing site wide expirations of your Adobe Creative Cloud licenses, I encourage you to verify that you're using the right serial number. You might need to contact Adobe Enterprise Support and find out who the contact person is for your organization to get the correct serial number from that has the proper access on the Adobe Licensing web site. If you have access, check all your Deploy-To-ID's on the site and see if one of the creative cloud serial numbers you have access to meets the requirements listed above.

Again, hope this helps anyone else who might be encountering this issue.

~Ted

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
1 REPLY 1

taugust04
Valued Contributor