OT: Windows Outlook Transfer

gskibum
Contributor III

I'm converting a law firm from Windows to Mac. Not going to pretend that Outlook on Windows is anything but a giant Rube Goldberg device. :-)

Anyway, the users are POPing mail and have multi-gigabyte Outlook mail databases.

First choice would be to migrate the mail from these Outlook accounts to Apple Mail. If that's going to be an experience akin to cage fighting then archiving will be fine. What are good ways of archiving Outlook mail to some kind of searchable format that can be stored on the Mac server?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

My personal preference is Symantec enterprise vault. You can upload PSTs from each client, upload them to the Symantec sftp site and they are accessible in a web browser.

The alternative is to get them into the local mail client. Outlook for Mac can import PSTs, if you want them in Apple Mail you will need to use one of the online converters. I prefer Symantec as you don't need to worry about backing up locally filed emails.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

My personal preference is Symantec enterprise vault. You can upload PSTs from each client, upload them to the Symantec sftp site and they are accessible in a web browser.

The alternative is to get them into the local mail client. Outlook for Mac can import PSTs, if you want them in Apple Mail you will need to use one of the online converters. I prefer Symantec as you don't need to worry about backing up locally filed emails.

gskibum
Contributor III

Thank you David! I've been sick and busy haven't been able to address this. But next week I will.