Outlook 2016 Corrupting Attachements

bruth85
New Contributor III

We have a user who randomly will have what appears to be their Outlook 2016 corrupting attachments, mostly PDF's but also other document types. Other people on the original email not on Mac's are able to open the attachments and if they forward the emails to her again she is able to open the attachments as well, however if she forwards the email where the attachments wouldn't open they also don't open on other systems including Windows machines. When we log into the web portal for office though she can open the attachments just fine. Has anyone seen this before? It doesn't sound like it happens all the time but it does happen on occasion and she is our CFO so we need to try and figure this out.

2 REPLIES 2

JoshRouthier
Contributor

It sounds like an issue I had been seeing at random over the past couple months with Outlook 2016 for Mac. The attachments would be greyed out, and you couldn't do anything with them. You could download them from OWA, or if the person emailed them again, it would sometimes work. It looks like this WAS an issue that Microsoft had confirmed Fixes or workarounds for recent issues in Outlook for Mac. They are saying that 16.11 should fix this issue.

deejerydoo
New Contributor II

I am still seeing attachments being corrupted when trying to open them in the Outlook 2016 for Mac client. Current build is 16.17 (180909) September 2018. I am accessing attachments from an on premises Exchange 2010 server. Random attachments, mostly PDFs fail to open, as corrupted. However, the same attachments open just fine when accessed through OWA, on the same Mac or via Outlook on Windows or any of the iOS email clients (Apple Mail and Outlook).