Outlook changing everything to UTC time zone

jalcorn
Contributor II

So I have a few users and the calendar keep switching to UTC time zone. The time zone is correct everywhere else. I have tried toggling, reinstall, updates. Its correct everywhere else. Its even right in Citrix. Anyone have any thoughts on the subject.

10 REPLIES 10

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Silly question, but have you checked in Outlook's preferences to make sure it's not set to UTC time zone there? I believe it defaults to UTC unless it's switched to another time zone setting.

jalcorn
Contributor II

yeah @mm2270 not the case.

ericjboyd
Contributor

When we filed a bug report with MS we got the following:

"The product group has received lots of feedback on this. If you’re interested we could submit a design change request with the PG on this. If you’re interested in going that route let me know and I will send you a template to create a business impact statement. The Business Impact Statement is used to demonstrate how important the request we’re making is and how much the current design is crippling your business."

and

"Nothing can be done in Mac Outlook to change this. This same design is also in Mac Outlook 2011 and the design didn’t change when Mac Outlook 2016 released."

jalcorn
Contributor II

@ejboyd that is quite the not answer from Microsoft.

jefff
Contributor II

If you're connecting Outlook to O365, rather than an Exchange server, check the settings in your account's webmail.

O365 webmail settings take priority over settings in the client, no matter the platform.

jefff
Contributor II

If you're connecting Outlook to O365, rather than an Exchange server, check the settings in your account's webmail.

O365 webmail settings take priority over settings in the client, no matter the platform.

jalcorn
Contributor II

Thanks for the thought @jefff But that too is correct.

mmagruder
New Contributor

Jeff, we are having the same problem on our networked Outlook. All of the settings, local and online at correctly showing Eastern time. Were you ever able to find a resolution?

BoscoATX
New Contributor III

Same issue here. Any new meetings revert back to the current time and UTC. Any resolution?

sshort
Valued Contributor

I had a user report this issue last Thursday, running 16.23. He said everything was working over the weekend after I created a new mail profile. When the 16.23.1 update was applied earlier this morning the problem returned. Having him work from the O365 web calendar for now.

Going to try a full uninstall/reinstall next to see if that does anything...