outlook disable export

Prathapbattu16
New Contributor

I am trying to disable only Export option in Outlook from Configuration profile. when i set the value  <key>DisableExport</key> <true/>  it is disabling both Export and Import.

Also i tried giving bool values separately.

<key>DisableImport</key>

<false/>

<key>DisableExport</key>

<true/>

but still it is disabled both Import and export options in outlook.

is this kind of bug in outlook or from jamf?

do we have any other way to disable only one export option.

8 REPLIES 8

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@Prathapbattu16 That is (unfortunately) how Microsoft implemented the restriction - disable Export and it also disables Import. You'll need to open a case with Microsoft as they'd need to change how the restriction is implemented.

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

Hmm...there seems to be two separate keys?

MacAdmins.software > Preferences 

DonM_ 2023-06-26 at 11.52.50.png

--
https://donmontalvo.com

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@donmontalvo While there may be a separate DisableImport preference documented for the com.microsoft.Outlook domain, the effect of setting DisableExport to true definitely disables Import as well (at least in "New" Outlook as of 16.74.1). Tagging @pbowden so he's aware.

Thanks for the heads-up @sdagley I just checked the code ....yuck ...seems like someone made a cut-and-paste error 🙄 ...I'll get this bugged and assigned.

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@pbowden Back in my software development days I called that "clode coning" mistake :-)

pbowden
Contributor III

@sdagley haha!!! Okay, issue now bugged under #8051791  ....I'll provide a build number once this is fixed.

pbowden
Contributor III

@sdagley The bug just got fixed this morning. You'll need build 16.76.23072000 or later. This should hit the beta channel on Thursday, the Preview channel on August 7th, and Current Channel (Production) on August 15th.

Thanks again for reporting this to us!

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

Thanks @pbowden , the Current channel is actually our Test channel (Defer21 is our "Production" channel) so I'll make a note to verify when the change rolls out there.