Package failing to install - What to do?

box
New Contributor III

Hello,

When enrolling Macs, a specific package is failing to install. 

In the Policy Logs I see - Installation failed. The installer reported: installer: Error - the package path specified was invalid:

How do I change this path so I can direct it to Application folder? 

Thank you, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MCfreiz
New Contributor III

where did the package come from? you should be able to modify it using composer to create the package

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

AtillaTheC
Contributor II

how were the packages made? Does it do the same from a self service item with the same package?

box
New Contributor III

Hello, thank you for the reply. I am unable to place them in self service for business reason currently. The packages were dropped in JAMF Admin, per what I recall. I take it there is no way to modify the path? Thank you, 

unfortunately telling me they were dropped in Jamf gives me little context to how the packages were created. Did you create the package?

IF so what app or process?

Did they come from a vendor?

What happens when you manually install one, does it go into the correct folder you want them to? 

You can't put it into self service and only scope yourself for testing purposes?

box
New Contributor III

The package was created by dropping it in Jamf ADMIN. 

a package has to exist before its dropped into Jamf. So either the vendor provided a package or one was created via composer or other app. 

box
New Contributor III

Hello, yes there is a package. I just removed the name of it. 

I wonder if there is a way to modify its path. Thank you, 

Sorry to say since you won't answer any of my questions I can't help you. 

MCfreiz
New Contributor III

where did the package come from? you should be able to modify it using composer to create the package

box
New Contributor III

i managed to fix the issue by removing the old package, renaming it and re-adding it.