Paid iOS VPP apps not deploying - v9.96

tomgluver
New Contributor III

I recently took over the JAMF management at my organization and only recently have attempted to deploy paid VPP apps to iOS devices. I have experienced zero issues with free apps, but the paid apps will not deploy.

I purchased 12 licenses of "The Wonder Weeks" through our VPP account with "managed distribution." The apps showed up in our Mobile Device Apps, but have Codes listed next to them. When trying to scope the app to mobile devices, it either gets stuck in pending or fails immediately. The management for the scoped devices says "Pending - Application is not available to install."

I have attempted to install automatically, or make it available in Self Service. If I attempt to install it automatically, it never shows up on the device. If I make it available in Self Service, it shows up in Self Service, but spins endlessly when you hit install and never actually starts. I have made sure our VPP account and token are up to date, that the VPP account and app are assigned to the same site, made sure "App is Free" is unchecked, and made sure the "Assign VPP Content" is checked.

The devices are primarily iOS 11. Is this due to 9.96's incompatibility with iOS 11?

a88c6ce16d064846b84ea529fa6822cb
dd5d9aa860924fe3b82866e9fcce5a4a
0a1db98d7ceb47ce8067cd29637ed5d3

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

crbeck
Contributor

Yes, that's due to 9.96 not being able to talk to iOS11. You have to update to 9.101 at a minimum. I had the same issue (although I don't remember seeing Codes like that) for the students that couldn't resist updating an iPad before they should have and needed a new app deployed.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

crbeck
Contributor

Yes, that's due to 9.96 not being able to talk to iOS11. You have to update to 9.101 at a minimum. I had the same issue (although I don't remember seeing Codes like that) for the students that couldn't resist updating an iPad before they should have and needed a new app deployed.