Passcode after Setup

gpitman
New Contributor

We have a prestage profile that restricts all iPads from setting a passcode.

I now have one school who needs to have a passcode set due to them using Google drive and Classroom which require the iPads to have a passcode.

I really don't want to have two different prestage profiles as this complicates it for my staff, is there anyway to allow a passcode after enrollment, basically reversing what the prestage does.

1 REPLY 1

ryan_ball
Valued Contributor

The prestage will not restrict setting up a passcode, it can just be set up to show or hide the passcode setup screen. So if you are skipping the passcode screen during enrollment, that does not mean that setting a passcode is also restricted (unless of course you are restricting the passcode setup using a Configuration Profile.

As I see it the best course of action would be to:
- Ensure you are not restricting passcode setup using a Configuration Profile already
- Skip the passcode setup during enrollment in your prestage
- Require a passcode for a Smart Group of devices using a Configuration Profile. The Smart Group could be based on the enrolled user.

Doing it this way would prompt the user (if the device is a member of the Smart Group based on username) to set a passcode immediately AFTER enrollment.