Creating Network Diagram

jcritzer
New Contributor

I am looking for a tool to create network diagrams and server rack diagrams. Anyone have suggestions?

How about OmniGraffle?
I am looking for something other than Visio.

6 REPLIES 6

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

OmniGraffle is probably the best for this sort of thing.

jescala
Contributor II

Definitely OmniGraffle – better than Visio in my opinion.

nlohit
New Contributor

Not sure if this is just for one time thing or not, but if you looking at documentation of your server and network, take a look at [www.device42.com](www.device42.com). It auto-generates rack diagrams and has worked well for us so far in managing all our racks, network equipments and IP addresses.

pwinkeler
New Contributor

I am all about live documentation. That is to say, I have learned never to trust anything that was drawn up by humans as it almost always out of date in a way that will eventually bite you. Thus I recommend installing Zenoss [www.zenoss.org] and letting it discover your network after which it will do quite a nice job drawing a diagram for you based on what it actually found.

macydalby
New Contributor

You should give Lucidchart a try! I recently used Lucidchart for creating network diagrams and it was super easy to understand. They have great online collaboration capability and it's really cost effective! Here are a few examples for you to check out: www.lucidchart.com/pages/examples/network_diagram_software

jimderlatka
Contributor

I'd 2nd lucid chart.