We have MAU Caching Server Setup and clients on Auto Download and Install, we noticed all clients who got their Office updated automatically to 16.12, their Outlook password starts to not work. Tried everything from NukeOffKeychain, Rebuilding Outlook Database, but no dice! The only thing that works for now is to downgrade Office to 15.40, Its possible that later version works, but I stick to 15.40 for now. Users are still on 10.12.6. Please help, calling on @pbowden
We have Exchange 2016. I also talked to our Exchange Admin and asked what change they made, and they said they applied Exchange Cumulative Update 9. Strangely enough, our troubles happened a few days after the patch. But I cant still figure out what causes this. I might have to call our exchange admins again to see if they can do a rollback and if there will be no implications if they do so.
I got this one on a forum. Unfortunately, I don't have a computer to test it with where I can replicate the problem, most of our staff already left for the summer, and it's not working on computers where I deleted the profile already.
Open Script Editor on the affected computer and type the following commands
tell application “Microsoft Outlook”
set background autodiscover of exchange account “your email address” to false
Basically, the Microsoft rep is pointing to AutoDiscover. Please see link below. The workaround is not 100 % working but might for some.
@Eigger @andrew.nicholas @simon86 @Xopher We've had a ticket open with Microsoft for weeks on this issue. Today they recommended that we run this command (as admin or sudo). 'sudo defaults write com.microsoft.Outlook MsoHttpv2Outlook_override -bool NO'
It's fixed the ones we've tried it on so far so I thought I would share in case your users are still suffering from this. I'm not confident it will "stick" through future Outlook updates...
“Our PG has decided to pull the MsoHTTPv2 feature via flighting meaning that users will not have the feature enabled when they restart outlook. We no longer need to run the command to disable it.
Please ask users who are experiencing this issue to restart their outlook clients to see if the issue is now resolved”
Hopefully, that will be the end of that fiasco!