Patch Management Stuck on Pending, Pushes Non-Existent Excel Package Instead

McAwesome
Valued Contributor

I'm playing around with the built in Patch Management on Jamf 10.29. My test programs are Microsoft Edge, R Statistical, and R Studio. Most of these went through without issue. Some are stuck on Pending, and that's not the weird part.

The weird part is all of the Pending ones list Microsoft Excel 2016 as what they attempted to push on the first attempt. They state they pushed Excel 15.41 and that the install was successful. There is no package for Excel 15.41 in my JSS, and Excel is not set up in Patch Management at this time.

I've found other posts from people experiencing the exact same issue(though a different package), but have no resolutions were ever posted.

Anyone have any clue why Jamf's Patch Management has decided that everything is Microsoft Excel 15.41?

3 REPLIES 3

McAwesome
Valued Contributor

I should add that this doesn't happen on every machine, but the machines it does happen on it happens for every Patch Policy.

McAwesome
Valued Contributor

Is it possible this is a thing that was an issue in older versions and will fix itself when we upgrade to 10.32?

McAwesome
Valued Contributor

This seems to be persisting through 10.32.2.