Patch Policies Not Installing Automatically

john_sherrod
Contributor II

Not sure if something changed, but for some reason I can no longer have patch policies update apps automatically. For example, I've uploaded the .pkg for Microsoft Autoupdate 4 and set it as the target version in my patch policy. I've got the policy scoped to All Computers. When I click on the list of eligible computers, its only a handful instead of the full 500 Macs that we have managed. I used to be able to deploy updates this way. Did something change that I'm missing? Why aren't my computers showing as eligible?

4 REPLIES 4

Asnyder
Contributor III

This is depending on your environment, but if only 250/500 computers have the auto updater, even if you scope all 500 devices it will only scope to the 250 that already had it installed (unless this has changed, that's how it seems to work in my jss).

john_sherrod
Contributor II

They all have the auto updater, but none of them have the latest version, which is what I'd like to push out via patch policy. Could swear this used to work for me.

mister2
New Contributor II

Have you patched MAU before? Version reporting for MAU is done with an EA and your computers would have to run a recon before they can become eligible for the patch.

john_sherrod
Contributor II

In the past I've had Firefox and MAU update automatically via patch policy and all I've had to do to push the new version out is to add the latest pkg to the patch policy and it just happens like magic. But for some reason with both of those apps it no longer shows that I have any eligible computers. I'm wondering if Jamf changed some thinking with how patch policies work and I've just missed it.