Patch Policy Grace Period

jeepgirl95
New Contributor III

I am patching zoom.us. Previously, I have a 15 minute Grace Period associated and it was coming up to prompt the user and waiting to do the install. However, when I set up the policy for the most recent patch, 4.4.52595.0425, the Grace Period doesn't seem to be applying. When I run a manual sudo jamf policy, it just installs it with no time out given. I've deleted and recreated the policy, but it is doing the same thing.

Does the Grace Period not run on manually initiated policies or am I doing something else wrong?

2 REPLIES 2

murphym
New Contributor

Also having an issue setting up Grace Period notifications. Not with zoom, but another app.
I have Self Service Notifications enabled globally, but when the check in occurs it just quits the app and installs the update without giving any notification. Using JSS Version 10.11.1

jeepgirl95
New Contributor III

I found out the hard way - the app in question needs to be running for the notification to run. I was updating Zoom and it was closed, then it would just update. When I had the app up and running actively, I received the notification.