Patchoo

casareanderson
New Contributor III

Hi Guys does any advise on setting up Patchoo as we are stuck on creating the Smart group with the Patchoo criteria , in addition what smart groups are people running . In addition which guide did you find best to set up Patchoo

16 REPLIES 16

franton
Valued Contributor III

You'll have to be more specific mate. Which smart group(s) are you stuck with?

I found @loceee 's guide to be more than sufficient. It's part of the patchoo wiki.

Keep in mind the original code hasn't been maintained in a while. I have a fork that's a little more up to date. I also know @loceee wants to write it's replacement at some point too.

loceee
Contributor

I have merged in the outstanding PRs, so the master branch should be pretty good to roll on all current versions of OS X. Sorry for my tardiness! Back to the world of MacAdmining, but have some other priorities on DEP/VPP for iOS before I sink my teeth back into the macOS. Thanks so much for contributions!

Let us know what you are stuck on around the smart groups @casareanderson

casareanderson
New Contributor III

@loceee and @franton

Let me start from the start and tell you what i have done where i am stuck i have completed the following steps configuring patchoo.sh
set up my categories

installed cocoa dialog on machines

I am now stuck on installing the triggers and setting up my smart groups as i dont have patchoo install and patchoo defer count as a criteria or no how to make a new search criteria i have imported the script demons

casareanderson
New Contributor III

and were working on JAMF Cloud

casareanderson
New Contributor III

@loceee Could i please have some advice implementing Patchoo with JAMF cloud as i am having issues setting up the smart groups as i can create Patchoo as a criteria

adamcodega
Valued Contributor

ssmurphy
New Contributor III

I have been testing Patchoo as well and found that the triggers that are on the site will not work correctly as they are pointing to the old location of the JAMF binary.

Where they packaged triggers point to:
/usr/bin/jamf policy -trigger every120 -randomDelaySeconds 300
/usr/bin/jamf policy -trigger patchoo -randomDelaySeconds 1800

Where they should point to to work:
/usr/local/jamf/bin/jamf policy -trigger every120 -randomDelaySeconds 300
/usr/local/jamf/bin/jamf policy -trigger patchoo -randomDelaySeconds 1800

Used LaunchContorol v1.28.4 to edit the settings and packaged them back up to be pushed out. Suggest that you add the icons its looking for in the 0patchoo.sh as well.

nvandam
Contributor II

Anybody know how to fix this? In this example, Adobe Flash and Google Chrome both have updates. I have manually added names in the Info section of the Packages, but still nothing. ASU updates do show up correctly, however. a203fcc458354e97877bf24e8118b4ef

nvandam
Contributor II

Anybody know how to fix this? In this example, Adobe Flash and Google Chrome both have updates. I have manually added names in the Info section of the Packages, but still nothing. ASU updates do show up correctly, however. 1a582543746140a59c2654a87e34ae55

franton
Valued Contributor III

It's working nicely for me, but I'm using my own cocoadialog based fork of Patchoo. https://github.com/franton/patchoo

nvandam
Contributor II

I'm using 3.0.999 of CD and 0.9960 of Patchoo.

loceee
Contributor

Definitely take a look at @franton 's fork. It's received far more love than the main repo for a while.

nimoyjohnson
New Contributor

Has anyone experienced the .pkg icon disappearing from the notification window? It use to display, but at some point just stopped working. Not sure what changed.

ec9f5ded520248049db87755a0cc6ec5
104df598a316495889a916f1cac644a5

franton
Valued Contributor III

@nvandam I've found that occurs with api user permissions being at fault. I'm still working on narrowing things down but that's the root cause.

franton
Valued Contributor III

@nimoyjohnson That's a cocoaDialog bug. Not much we can do about that.

spraguga
Contributor

Has anyone converted their Patchoo script to use something other than CocoaDailog? I'd hate to reinvent the wheel with this one if someone wouldn't mind sharing.