Pending - STATUS_REASON_NO_LICENSES

Hasibravo
New Contributor III

We are getting the subject error on a couple of Macbooks that enrolled recently when the user is trying to install the app from Self Service it gives the error "Pending - STATUS_REASON_NO_LICENSES"

I checked the VPP for that application is available but the user can not install it. 

Please advise any solution or how to troubleshoot it?

Thanks

image.png

3 REPLIES 3

m_schilling
New Contributor III

Maybe the VPP-Token is invalid. Did you check this under Setting -> Global Management -> Volume Purchasing?

Hasibravo
New Contributor III

Thanks @m_schilling ,

We deployed the Slack app from option MAC APP STORE APP and in managed distribution, I can see the available balance VPP code But I couldn't find the VPP in Setting -> Global Management -> Volume Purchasing.

Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 10.36.56 pm.png

DWilliams-cmsd
New Contributor III

Agree with @m_schilling that you first need to make sure your VPP account with Apple Business (or School) Manager is properly connected to Jamf by downloading from ABM/ASM then uploading to Jamf a new VPP token for that VPP account (in Jamf:  Settings >> Global Management >> Volume Purchasing).  Even if it is not set to expire soon, re-applying the token may solve the issue you are seeing.  At any rate, it is definitely the first step to rule out that the VPP "handshake" is not the issue.