Persistent Connection Attempts to Defunct Network Shares after Running macOS Update Policy through Jamf Cloud

jdye
New Contributor III

Hey y'all,

So I've been running some tests on a few machines to check the feasibility of nudging users into updating their OS via a JAMF policy.

The updates run smoothly (10.12.5 ---> 10.12.6) but there's a major problem that I'm hoping to resolve with your help:

After the software update completes, the computer persistently (and aggressively) tries to connect to old SMB network shares that are no longer in use. Clicking cancel on the name/password screen closes it out, but a new one pops up a moment later. This behavior continues after a restart.

I've deleted all aliases for these particular network shares on the computers, so I'm vexed as to how they are still holding on to the info, as well as why the network shares would suddenly try to reconnect after a software update.

Manually updating through the App Store works as it normally would, with no strange connection behavior regarding the network shares.

Any ideas how to resolve this? Any troubleshooting steps I could take?

0 REPLIES 0