Phantom Dock Items

rsterner
New Contributor III

I created a new 10.9.2 image with customized default profile for our MacBook Airs, including MS Office 2011, McAfee Security and then joined to our Active Directory Domain with Mobile Accounts selected. When a user logs on, the Dock includes several question marks for applications that were never part of this image. They are, however, items that are part of another image we use, but they were built in isolation from each other

Once the user has logged on for the first time with the mobile account created, I remove the question marks from the dock and reboot, and they do not reappear.

Any ideas of where I should start my troubleshooting?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rsterner
New Contributor III

RESOLVED
This was caused by a Snapshot package that I had created on a different OS build that had the applications that appeared in the dock. Once I re-imaged and didn't use that package, the the dock items were back to normal.

A good learning experience that I won't forget.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

rsterner
New Contributor III

RESOLVED
This was caused by a Snapshot package that I had created on a different OS build that had the applications that appeared in the dock. Once I re-imaged and didn't use that package, the the dock items were back to normal.

A good learning experience that I won't forget.

akoini
New Contributor

Hello,
How to contact you, I have a few questions.
Please write me an e-mail address for contact.

Thanks!