Photoshop 13.0.4 update package made in AAMEE won't install via Casper/Self Service

hbon
New Contributor

Hi all,
With the recent fix from Jody and the Adobe folks, I wanted to update our group's CS6 Photoshop to 13.0.4 triggered by logout and available in Self Service.
I tested the package I made locally and all was good after 3 minutes of an install. I ran it on a test machine through Self Service and 3 seconds went by and I received a success message but it was still at 13.0.3. I reset the test machine, tried the logged out method and got the same thing- 3 seconds and I was fully logged out. No indication there was an install and sure enough, still at 13.0.3.
What didn't I do? The package updates to 13.0.4 when I run it manually.
Machine info: 10.6.8
Adobe CS6 Production Premium Suite installed
JSS v8.62
Thanks in advance!

Hilary :)

http://pastebin.com/cXsVyTE0
^^Install Logs for Self Service failure^^

http://pastebin.com/VxswCg5x
^^Install Logs for manual successful install^^

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shakim
New Contributor III

Download the update from Adobe's download site. Then you can upload the "Photoshop_CS6_13_0_4_upd.dmg" into the Casper Admin tool. Under the Info Tab >Select "This file is a disk image containing an installer (OS X or Adobe)..."
and you can deploy it to your clients.. Please test this and see how it works for you.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

hbon
New Contributor

No advice? Did anyone do anything specific when making their Photoshop Update packages when deploying through Casper? Or did you just run RUM?

shakim
New Contributor III

Download the update from Adobe's download site. Then you can upload the "Photoshop_CS6_13_0_4_upd.dmg" into the Casper Admin tool. Under the Info Tab >Select "This file is a disk image containing an installer (OS X or Adobe)..."
and you can deploy it to your clients.. Please test this and see how it works for you.

hbon
New Contributor

That worked! Thank you very much! I didn't know that existed and thats all it needed. Thanks alot shakim! :)

charles_hitch
Contributor II

I found when creating the full install package with updates the directory .../Build/Adobe-Photoshop Extended CS6-13.0.4_Install.pkg/Contents/Resources/Setup/payloads/AdobePDFSettings10-mul permissions were set to 740 which caused the installer not to be able to find files within that directory. A quick chmod -R 755 to that directory and the package works like a champ. This is of course for a package created with AAMEE.

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

Charles.Hitch - Thank you! Your solution solved my problem! Wish I had checked it sooner.

Out of curiosity, what caused you to look at the permissions of the internal packages?

charles_hitch
Contributor II

jwojda - Habit of almost always using the command line to figure out problems. I found that solution after many hours of looking at the install.log and the log that AAMEE creates when trying to install applications. Finally ran across the error message that it couldn't find the AdobePDFSettings10-mul payload, so I went searching in the package bundle to see if it was actually there. Thats when I ran across the permissions issue. I have also found this affects more than just Photoshop. Infact I had to do this for 4 or 5 of my latest AAMEE packages. I posted the issue on Adobe's forum as well...

krichterjr
Contributor

@charles.hitch
Just wanting to throw out a thank you as well. I just ran into the exact same problem and your leg work saved my balding head from loosing more hair. Thanks!