Please be gentle...Question about APNS

frensham
New Contributor

Might be a silly question but can you have multiple Push Certificates on the go at the same time?

2 REPLIES 2

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

Curious what you're trying to do, since I'm pretty sure an MDM server can only have one APNS cert.

When APNS became a thing, our ability to ran multi context JSS servers got sacked.

--
https://donmontalvo.com

frensham
New Contributor

I sort of thought that would be the case. I made the schoolboy error of creating a new APNS cert instead of renewing. So 100 plus devices stopped communicating. Fortunately I was able to find the original AppleID I used to create the cert and went through the renew process and everything sprang back to life...bar one device which I had enrolled [during that very short time] with the "wrong" APNS cert. Unfortunately, despite this just being one device, it belongs to a VIP at the organisation and they are totally reluctant to give me the device back to re-enrol. I used pre-stage as well so the whole thing needs to be wiped as I understand it. I was hoping that I could have both APNS certs running simultaneously in order to keep ALL devices going.