Policies failing in Self Service

themonger13
New Contributor II

O Hai,

I have a user who can't run any polices via Self Service on their Mac. The scripts/policies that we push down work fine. Quitting and restarting Self Service doesn't help, removing framework and re-enrolling doesn't work. Policy logs in JSS don't show that user is even trying- as in, there are no policy logs triggered from Self Service.

Any thoughts? 7bbff73d739549958b9c1190f50bf76a

8 REPLIES 8

kitzy
Contributor III

Is there anything interesting in the jamf.log on the Mac?

themonger13
New Contributor II

Really the only interesting thing is the lack of interesting things:

Jun 4 15:03:08 macbook-air.partners.org Self Service[2244]: [ERROR] -[SSDeployableObject handleTimeoutError:] (line:364)

--> Quit and re-open Self Service to try again.: (null)

Jun 4 15:03:08 macbook-air.partners.org Self Service[2244]: [ERROR] -[InstallerQueueProcessBinder finishProcess] (line:190)

--> Policy Adobe Flash Player failed with: Error Domain=JAMFSoftware/SelfService Code=20 "Quit and re-open Self Service to try again." UserInfo=0xcf11400 {NSLocalizedDescription=Quit and re-open Self Service to try again.}

Fun fact- if we trigger the policies via terminal (jamf policy -event), they download fine.

dferrara
Contributor II

@themonger13 Have you updated your JSS recently? We moved to 9.65 a while ago, and now many of our 10.9.5 clients have broken Self Service. Constant nagging from networksetup that prevents Self Service from even opening.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Have you tried deleting the application first, then re-enrolling the Mac to ensure its getting the latest version of Self Service from your JSS?
Also, you're not pushing out a customized version of Self Service, right? Just the one that can auto deploy down to clients from the JSS when enrolled?

Lastly, there actually is a Self Service log that may reveal something. If you open Console.app on the Mac, look under ~/Library/Logs and then look for JAMF and turn down that folder. There is a JAMFApplications.log there that may give you something more to go on than the regular jamf.log is showing.

themonger13
New Contributor II

@dferrara no updates or changes. We're on 9.63, and have been since it came out.

@mm2270 no customized SS, deleted/re-enrolled, tried a new user in sys prefs, no effect. I'll have a look at the JAMFApplications.log. Thanks!

It's the only machine this is happening with, but it's driving me crazy. I refuse to hose the machine based purely on Self Service not working.

Fissette101
New Contributor III

I had this issue with a client Mac yesterday. I was able to resolve it by moving Self Service into the trash and then running a "sudo jamf manage" command from the terminal. It re-loaded self service and all was well.

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

Yep. I've seen this in the past. Often when a machines logic board is changed out and not updated to reflect the new UDID in the JSS.

csmith122
New Contributor III

Figured id post what i did to fix this on one of my users. We just did a sudo jamf removeFramework and then re-enrolled the machine via a quick add. That seemed to fix the problem.