Policies not being triggered at startup

dbarry722
New Contributor III

Hi Folks.

Got my iMacs all sorted with relevant apps for Monday Morning but ran into a bit of an issue. Triggering a policy.

I've set policies up to trigger at startup but for some reason, this doesn't seem to happen. I had to set a trigger for login which work fine to do what I need but, I don't want to have to wait for someone to log in before the policy is triggered - especially if I've pushed out software

Anyone else had a similar issue. I don't have anything set on client-side limitations that could prevent it triggering.

Cheers

6 REPLIES 6

ljcacioppo
Contributor III

this might be something you've already checked, but do you have the startup script enabled in the Check In settings portion of the Jamf System Settings?
Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 11.35.32 AM.png

dbarry722
New Contributor III

Yes. Startup script is enabled

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@dbarry722 Do you have FileVault enabled on your Macs? If so no policies will trigger until a user logs in because a Mac at the FileVault login screen doesn't have network connectivity.

dbarry722
New Contributor III

Hi.

No. FileVault is disabled on all the iMacs

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@dbarry722Are you sure the Mac is in Scope for the Policy you expect to run on startup? If you click the Logs button at the bottom of the Policy page it should show all machines waiting to run the policy with a status of pending.

You can also see all of the policies in scope for a Mac by looking at the Management->Policies screen when viewing the computer record in the JSS console.

dbarry722
New Contributor III

Hi Folks.

Not sure why but it appears that the startup script is working now. I sent a policy to the computers on Sunday from home to install Microsoft Office 365 and over the space of an hour checked to see what was happening. I don't think I did anything different but It installed onto 13 computers but 4 were still pending. When I got into the school today, I was still logged into the 4 computers. A restart sorted that out.

Many thanks to all for your assistance as I'm just getting to grips with JAMF.