Policies stuck in pending.

Phinull_Girl
New Contributor

From time to time I encounter policies that get stuck in pending and I don't know how to resolve the issue.

Example, today a new system was setup for a user and enrollment complete fine. I have an enrollment trigger set for a provisioning package that installs all of our basic applications. This is the first time it didn't function - I can see the trigger is active and the logs show pending, but nothing happened after 20 minutes and a restart.

In order to get the policy to run I had to scope it to self service to be run manually, which worked, but now the original enrollment provision is still sitting in pending with no failure or option to cancel.

How do you resolve this? Both to get a pending to run and to cancel a no longer needed policy sitting in pending.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@Phinull_Girl Enrollment only triggers once, and can be interrupted but things like a network state change. If the enrollment policy does fail to trigger for some reason it will stay pending forever, but you can force it to run by executing the following command in Terminal:

sudo jamf policy -event enrollmentComplete

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@Phinull_Girl Enrollment only triggers once, and can be interrupted but things like a network state change. If the enrollment policy does fail to trigger for some reason it will stay pending forever, but you can force it to run by executing the following command in Terminal:

sudo jamf policy -event enrollmentComplete

OH! Very good to know. Is there a way to remove it from pending and not run it?

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

Only by removing the Mac from the the group that puts it into scope of the policy.