Policy Work for any trigger but not working for self service install

sharif_khan
Contributor II

Hi Everyone

Does anyone face this issue? My policy is working (app install) with Recurring check-in but not working when i am trying to install same app (no matter what I creat package in composer or download from 3rd party website) on endpoint. So, any help is appriciable.

7 REPLIES 7

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@sharif_khan Do you have on-prem Distribution Points set to use the SMB protocol? The problem you describe is a known issue with JSS 10.47.0 and SMB distribution points using SMB. You can work around the problem by enabling HTTPS downloads from your DPs. There is a previous thread on this topic from last week: https://community.jamf.com/t5/jamf-pro/jamf-pro-10-47-0-policies-failing-from-self-service-unable-to...

Yes our server is on prem. So is that means SMB protocol will not work with new Jamf Pro 10.47. Is that documented anywhere? Another thing, If I allow HTTPS instead of SMB and add settings like username & password that will impact on current user? Is that will trigger anything on client machines? Do I need to run the policy again after flush log?

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@sharif_khan Refer to the link I posted for other users experiencing this problem, and/or check with Jamf Support if you need confirmation you are not the only user impacted by this problem.

Enabling HTTPS on your DPs will be completely transparent to your users. You aren't going to be able to run any Self Service policies if your DPs only support SMB until Jamf releases an update to address this unannounced, and I suspect unintended, change in JSS 10.47.0.

sharif_khan
Contributor II

Giving me error: 

Could not mount distribution point "File share name"

Please help me to fix that.

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@sharif_khan Configure your DPs to use HTTPS for downloads, or wait for Jamf to release JSS 10.49 (which is what users who had posted in the previous thread reported they had been told by Jamf Support)

Andrew_R
New Contributor III

Anyone else unable to actually edit their distribution point settings in Jamf?  I end up with a permission error any time I attempt to, although the account I use has full access to everything.  Even if I wanted to switch to HTTPS, I can't at this point.  Have a call in with support on it.

sharif_khan
Contributor II

I have case open with Jamf support. Good thing is I have snap shot taken, I can rollback to 10.46 if necessary. But then Tomcat Apache vulnerability will pop up again. So, I would prefer to fix this issue. I tried the same thing like edit HTTPS but still ity is not working. Waiting on support team to response to my ticket.