Power Off in Single App Mode

phons
New Contributor

Hi:

I'm trying to setup some iPad minis (Gen 2) in Single App Mode utilizing Apple Configurator 2 and CasperSuite 9.91.

After getting everything working and the correct app in Single App Mode I've found that you can't power the iPads down. You can restart, reset volume, etc. But if you hold down the power button nothing happens.

My Single App Mode profile doesn't have the Sleep/Wake Button option checked (I think all options are disable?).

iOS version is 9.3.1

3 REPLIES 3

RodrigoNunez
New Contributor

I have found that you can turn the iPads off by pressing the Sleep/Wake Button along with the Home Button for about 8 seconds with the iPad unplugged. If you perform this function when the iPad is plugged in, it will just restart. After the iPad is off you can then turn on the iPad by either pressing the Sleep/Wake Button or by plugging it in to power.

marvelbug
New Contributor

I don't know if there was an update to disable this function but I am find this not to work any more. Unplugged, it still boots up.

dlindsay
New Contributor

Yes, I'm also finding that this function is no longer working, even though in setting up the payload options it says the sleep/wake button is enabled for turning off the device.