Pre-stage Enrollment Process

CairoJXP
Contributor

I overall seem to have gotten the DEP process to work, but I'm unsure of some things here 'n' there because I've gone about it more haphazardly than usual. Here's what I've done:

1. Add iPad serial via DEP website
  2. In Prestage Enrollment I've edited the setup process as I want and set the user/location info for the proper group/class/dept as my target group
  3. I uploaded an attachment which is a profile I've configured (in JSS, export and upload) that I want to install on the new devices. I've also added the apple code signing cert.
  4. In my scope I see the devices listed and check off the ones I want to enroll.
  5. I wipe the listed devices so they startup and follow the setup process I want, I have to manually enter a wireless network, then it goes through the install and seems to install the proper profile.

Now this works, but I want to see if I missed anything or if I'm just getting lucky with what I've done.

1 REPLY 1

rbent
New Contributor

Suggestion. I am currently rolling-out 25 iPads and wanted to take advantage of this Pre-stage Enrollment process. I've set it up and created SmartGroups to handout different profiles such as restrictions.
The way to get around the wifi issue is to USE Apple Configurator. After an iPad erase, when it's at the Setup assistant screen, just connect the device to A.C. and have it unsupervised and select install profiles and select your WiFi. I haven't done it for the Certificates as it will be done during Pre-Stage enrollment. The attachments installed without a problem.