Pre-stage enrollment trigger policies

cmeyers
New Contributor II

I have recently taken over management of the JSS at the College where I work. One of my goals over the Summer is to get as close to a Zero Touch Deployment for computers as possible. We are enrolled in DEP and I have configured a pre-stage enrollment called "test". I have created a smart computer group where the criteria is the machine must is assigned to pre-stage enrollment "test". I have created configuration profiles with most of our required settings all of which have the smart group set as its scope. I also have policies set to run scripts and install the needed software after enrollment is complete. These policies have the same scope. I feel I am missing something stupid but every time I have ran this in my test environment the setup completes, I log in as admin and none of the profiles are there, and no policies are being ran or have run. I then install my quick add package and then run sudo jamf policy in terminal and the policies begin. I feel as though the prestage enrollment is not fully enrolling the machines? Or is there a script I can use to have the machine check in as soon as someone logs in? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

1 REPLY 1

mmcallister
Contributor II

I set one up as a demo - there is a policy scoped to the computers with a trigger of "Enrollment Complete" that sets a custom trigger. Then created a separate policy that triggers off of the custom trigger set in the previous policy.
d22b6b2e1e244cfb946ac3923165b658