Login window options

mconners
Valued Contributor

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to set a login window option for our student users, they would have an idle time out set to 30 minutes. Our employees would have this idle time out set to 60 minutes. I was hoping to scope this to the user level so depending on WHO is logging in and where, they get the appropriate setting.

However, I am seeing when I set the configuration profile to user level and NOT computer level, the login window payload disappears.

Has anyone tried this another way or have a work around in place?

I can certainly scope it at the computer level, but I would prefer to scope to the user level and have both profiles active everywhere, but based on user ID logging in, they get different idle time outs.

Thanks in advance for your feedback and insights.

1 REPLY 1

Look
Valued Contributor III

I hate to be Captain Obvious, but the name does kind of imply it's going to be enforced at the Login Window when there is no user available to scope to. I can only assume it's a machine wide setting that would then be applied to all users logged in, even when multiple user sessions were active on the device and the OS doesn't allow for different options for each user.