Prestage Enrollments Status stuck at "Assigned"

marcusbjerknes
New Contributor II

Hi,

From day one we have had issues with computers and mobile devices not getting the "Prestage Enrollment Status" Completed. Almost all devices are stuck at "Assigned" and get this status renewed over and over again. Only a few devices have gotten the "Complete" status. I have tried to make another Prestage Enrollments setting to see if it is corrupt somehow, but without success. Now I'm beginning to suspect that our IT supplier that do the DEP registration to Apple for us is doing something wrong. I'm totally at loss here and need your valuable input to solve this.

10 REPLIES 10

larry_barrett
Valued Contributor

What if you run (in terminal) sudo jamf recon?

Are you deleting the record when you reinstall? What's missing from the computer? Does it work?

marcusbjerknes
New Contributor II

The issue is for new DEP enrolled devices. They get registered in Jamf Pro but the installed MDM config profile gets corrupted so Self Service will not work, even after reinstalling Self Service. The only solution is to remove Jamf Framework completely and reenroll using the Web Site (User Enrollment). Then everything is working. So DEP enrollment is clearly not working the way it is supposed to.

kbingham
New Contributor III

Instead of doing the manual enrollment you can force DEP to enroll the device again. After removing the framework run

sudo profiles renew -type enrollment

This will prompt the user to enroll with DEP once again. That helps keep the MDM settings working without having to worry about User Approved MDM for full management.

marcusbjerknes
New Contributor II

@kbingham - Thanks for the tip, but it did not work. Tested it on a DEP enrolled machine just now. First i did the "removeframework" thing, and then I ran the command. It executed without error but nothing more happened. The computer did not enroll. And, more so, it does not help me any further to explain the Enrollment Status issue. I guess I have to take it for another round with the Jamf support.

tech1man
New Contributor

@marcusbjerknes Did you get this issue resolved? I am having the same issue.

marcusbjerknes
New Contributor II

@tech1man Sadly no resolution in sight from Jamf at least. As of now, only 22 out of 350 computers in the Prestage Enrollment list have received the "Completed" status. One thing I have discovered is that if we reinstall the computers prior to delivery to end users, the registration to our jamf server is working 100 % and the MDM config profile is confirmed. It's too soon to say if it will fix the Prestage Enrollment status permanently, but after we started doing the wipe and reinstall process the status have changed to "Completed" on those computers. (Pardon my english, it's not my native language.)

morti
New Contributor II

Similiar problems here. Do you also run into those Problems with Ipads/Iphones? A Token refresh sorted the problem out for us for several days but it seems to coming back now (had at least 2 devices this week with these probs).

marcusbjerknes
New Contributor II

@morti Same issues with iPads, most of them have the "Assigned" status even if the devices are older and should have received the "Completed" status by now. Have not tried to refresh the Token, but will do that to see if that resolves it. But I'm not optimistic...

FLYERALARM
New Contributor

@marcusbjerknes Interesting, our devices say "Assigned" to all the new ones, but if we start the initial Enrollment first try, they will all be stuck at the remote management screen on them. It always says there "The configuration for your iPad could not be dowloaded from JSS
". Meanwhile at JAMF Cloud it says "completed" afterwards. So it seems to get a connection there, but the device wont enroll how so ever.

marcusbjerknes
New Contributor II

@FLYERALARM We run our Jamf server on premise, no idea if that is part of causing the issues. Furthermore we have all devices set to be automatically assigned once registrered through DEP to ease the administrative burdon. Also this could be a possible cause. Might be a good idea for you to check the Jamf server connectivity to internet and specifically the ports that needs to be open for communication with Apple servers to work.