I am new to our organisation and to JAMF PRO, but loving it so far.
I frequently move newly purchased ipads from a "catch all" prestage enrollment and over into the proper prestage enrollment for the specific site where they will be enrolled.
Sometimes when I move these devices, same day, 1-2 of the devices will not see the correct prestage despite showing up there inside my JAMF console.
(My Catch all prestage indicates that credentials must be used to enroll, the site it was moved to does not.)
Is there a hard rule on how long to wait before enrollment after this is changed? Or is there anything I can do to get this to 'snap in' and see the new prestage?
I usually just group my iPads together and add them to a PreStage Enrollment. I would plug them into a iPad Cart with syncing capability, then use Apple Configurator to pull the serial numbers. Then i would mass wipe all 30 then add them to the Prestage. At that point i add a Wifi Configuration through Apple Configurator 2 and they all enroll into the right spot.
The problem is, I do not physically have these devices most of the time. They are shipped out to one of our many, many, sites and the tech for that site is doing the enrolling. I snatch up the PO and put them in prestages before the tech gets them, but I always inevitably get an email that something is not enrolling properly out of the bunch.
It's not a global configuration profile, it's just a setting within the prestage to require credentials, and then I move them to a prestage that does not require credentials. I was able to get two of the affected ipads to my office, and I let them sit overnight. I wiped them when I arrived in the morning and re-enrolled them - but the problem persists. It just doesn't see the setting, and continues asking for credentials to set up.