Prevent saving password in keychain

TripleB
New Contributor II

Hello,

if I connect to a server with MacOS I have the possibility to save the server password in the keychain by clicking the checkbox "Save password in keychain".
Is there a way to disable this checkbox?

3 REPLIES 3

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

@TripleB As far as I know, there is no way to remove that. That's a system generated dialog and I don't think there are any specific preferences to control that, though I can't be 100% sure about that.

What exactly is the need here? Are you just concerned about users saving their credentials into the keychain, or is it because the credentials change frequently and it causes some issues later on? Or something else?

erowan
New Contributor III

I get this sometimes. I think maybe they need to disconnect a file share to re-connect to the same server with other credentials. For example, maybe a student ticked the box to save their credentials, then the instructor can't reconnect using their own credentials.

isThisThing0n
Contributor

Are we talking file shares or some other server access protocol?

If you use Kerberos based network file shares then you shouldn’t need to submit login credentials at all, which would prevent involving keychain.

Maintaining a valid Kerberos ticket can be done in a variety of ways, but this could be something to consider.