Problem with Casper 7 and Location info

lunddal
Contributor

Hi,

Since upgrading to Casper 7 I'm having problems with the Location info in the computer records - the info simply dissapears.

I can reenter the info for the computers but after a while it's gone again, but only for some and not for others.

I haven't found a pattern in what is deleted and what is not yet.

Anyone else with that problem?

Kind regards

Jan Lunddal
System Administrator & IT Support Manager

Bruun Rasmussen Auctioneers
Sundkrogsgade 30 · DK-2100 Copenhagen · Denmark
Tel: +45 88 18 10 82 · Mobile: +45 60 35 10 82
http://www.bruun-rasmussen.dk

1 REPLY 1

sam
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

This is something that our support staff has been tracking and made some recent developments on in our lab. There appears to be a reporting issue with the latest version of the Casper Suite 7. This is caused by location fields set in the Network Segments on the JSS. Essentially, if any Network Segments contain location information, a computer within those network segments will have mis-represented location information upon inventory submissions subsequent to the version 7 upgrade.

The good news is that this is a very easy fix and there is absolutely no data loss. Temporarily removing the building and/or department specifications from all network segments is the current workaround. We are urging anyone who has seen this issue to contact our support staff at support at jamfsoftware.com. We will be able to get all location information to display again very quickly.

This issue has been submitted to our Development department, and they are analyzing the cause and correcting the issue for the next maintenance release.

Regards,

Sam Johnson
Support Manager
sam at jamfsoftware.com
JAMF Software
212 Barstow Street
Eau Claire, WI 54701
Office: (612) 605-6625
Facsimile: (715) 835-7773
US Support: (612) 216-1296
http://www.jamfsoftware.com