Proper way to unenroll mobile device managed by JSS?

nethers
Contributor

We're not entirely sure to proper way to remove the Self-Service and unenroll a device from the JSS? Do we just delete the record in the JSS and remove the profiles? If so, we find that the Self-Service icon stays after sometimes; what is the proper way to remove the self-service and unenroll the iOS device?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

freddie_cox
Contributor III

If you remove the profile from the device (General, Profiles, MDM Profile, Delete) it should notify the JSS that the device is then un-managed. You can leave the device in the JSS for inventory or remove it if you no longer wish to see it.

If I remember correctly, removing the profile will (is supposed to) remove the Self Service Web Clip. However, sometimes it requires a reboot of the mobile device for it to disappear from the Springboard.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

I'd love to know this too.

freddie_cox
Contributor III

If you remove the profile from the device (General, Profiles, MDM Profile, Delete) it should notify the JSS that the device is then un-managed. You can leave the device in the JSS for inventory or remove it if you no longer wish to see it.

If I remember correctly, removing the profile will (is supposed to) remove the Self Service Web Clip. However, sometimes it requires a reboot of the mobile device for it to disappear from the Springboard.

jkphs
New Contributor II

Working in Casper Suite 9.11: Locate the device you wish to un-manage in your JSS and select "Unmanage Device" under the management tab. As soon as the device is connected to a network to update inventory, the configuration profiles and self service portal on the device will be removed. The record of the device will remain in your database as unmanaged until you select it and manually delete the record. You can find unenrolled devices in inventory search under "all devices," or create a new search criteria to specify unmanaged devices only.