Pulse Secure versioning

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

We've been running Pulse Secure 5.2.5 just fine and I was told that there is a 5.2.7 update that addresses Sierra issues. There are some Macs that I will need to update manually outside of Casper (because of reasons) so I can't just scope it to All Computers. I'd like to make a Smart Group based on the version of the existing Pulse Secure.app. HOWEVER, the version reported in Get Info is 5.2 for both versions. The only way to verify the version is to launch it and look in the About… window. Does anyone have a way of getting JSS to see the different versions of Pulse Secure.app? It appears that their developers don't believe in using CFBundleShortVersionString to it's full potential.

5 REPLIES 5

syoung17
New Contributor II

I have an EA that looks that the VersionInfo.ini file, have not had any issues with it.

if [ -d /Applications/Pulse Secure.app ] ; then

PulseVersion=$(awk -F "=" '/DisplayVersion/ {print $2}' /Applications/Pulse Secure.app/Contents/Plugins/ConnectionStore/versionInfo.ini) echo "<result>$PulseVersion</result>"

else echo "<result>Not Installed</result>"

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

@syoung17 Could you put that in a code block in your reply? I copy/pasted it but I'm getting errors and I can't see any differences in the visible text I'm using.

syoung17
New Contributor II

Here you go, sorry about that.

!/bin/sh

if [ -d /Applications/Pulse Secure.app ] ; then

PulseVersion=$(awk -F "=" '/DisplayVersion/ {print $2}' /Applications/Pulse Secure.app/Contents/Plugins/ConnectionStore/versionInfo.ini) echo "<result>$PulseVersion</result>"

fi

exit 0

syoung17
New Contributor II

The App directory moved with version 5.25, if you have clients with older versions will need to modify to the old location.
/Applications/Junos Pulse.app/

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

Nevermind, I was able to figure it out. Here it is in code form

#!/bin/bash
if [ -d /Applications/Pulse Secure.app ];
then
    PulseVersion=$(awk -F "=" '/DisplayVersion/ {print $2}' /Applications/Pulse Secure.app/Contents/Plugins/ConnectionStore/versionInfo.ini) 
echo "<result>$PulseVersion</result>"

fi

Thank you very much for pointing me toward that versionInfo.ini file.