Pushing Apple Updates

mbond
New Contributor II

I have the update server set in the JSS, and it is pointing to our local update server instead of apple's.

I have it set to automatically download updates in the system preferences.

How do I set it to automatically install new updates as they become available? Preferably on first boot after being imaged and on a periodic policy.

I was looking at the policies and didn't see anything that said anything about installing apple updates.

thanks.

Michael Bond
Professional Technologist
WVU Libraries
Office.: 304-293-0340
Cell....: 304-282-0640
Email.: Michael.Bond at mail.wvu.edu

3 REPLIES 3

dderusha
Contributor
On Dec 15, 2009, at 9:49 AM, Michael Bond wrote: I have the update server set in the JSS, and it is pointing to our local update server instead of apple's. I have it set to automatically download updates in the system preferences. How do I set it to automatically install new updates as they become available? Preferably on first boot after being imaged and on a periodic policy. I was looking at the policies and didn't see anything that said anything about installing apple updates.

Look under the Packages tab, bottom right, select the "Install all software updates" check box.

Dan

thanks. Michael Bond Professional Technologist WVU Libraries Office.: 304-293-0340 Cell....: 304-282-0640 Email.: Michael.Bond at mail.wvu.edu
Casper mailing list Casper at list.jamfsoftware.com http://list.jamfsoftware.com/mailman/listinfo/casper

winkelhe
New Contributor

check the packages section of creating a policy. bottom left there is a software update section, you can set the server and install all available updates.

eric winkelhake
mundocomww
office 312 220 1669
cell 312 504 5155

mbond
New Contributor II

can't believe i missed that.

thanks.

Michael Bond
Professional Technologist
WVU Libraries
Office.: 304-293-0340