Pushing High Sierra installer into applications folder

joshua_phillips
New Contributor

I am trying to push the High sierra installer to users application folder. After That I want to run a script through self service that will upgrade users to High Sierra with very limited user interaction. This process was tested and is working however I am trying to figure out a way to push the installer to users application folder without them having to download it from the app store. I tried a number of things such as creating a policy in the Mac App Store Apps tab but none seem to working. Was curious if anyone knows a way to do this. I am using Jamf 9 FYI.

4 REPLIES 4

LovelessinSEA
Contributor II

Are you using VPP? You can install mac apps automatically that way. or you could use composer to create a package of just the installer app to push it out that way.

joshua_phillips
New Contributor

Not using VPP atm still in the process of getting that set up. However I am going to try using composer like you suggested thank you very much.

Fisk
New Contributor

I would suggest using Composer. You can drag and drop a currently downloaded High Sierra installer, and the resulting pkg would insert the item in each users Applications folder. Your script should then be able to call and open that up from there -

Fisk
New Contributor

You should be able to use most if not all of this in order to complete - https://github.com/kc9wwh/macOSUpgrade