Pushing out 12.6 Update on Mac

jamflover
New Contributor

Hi all,

I need bit of guidance and suggestions here. I've been using Jamf for a few months now and would like to push out an update to all enrolled Mac devices for 12.6. What is the best way to push this out that doesn't restart the computer for the end user. I want them to be able to download the update in the background but restart upon confirmation of the user. 

Thanks for all the help in advance!

6 REPLIES 6

rithesh
New Contributor II

You can check this below option ,

Search Inventory > New > Criteria > Computer Name ( select the computer you want to update  or group of computers)  > Search > Action > Send Remote Commands > Update OS version and built-in apps (macOS 10.11 or later, Supervised or enrolled via a PreStage enrollment) 

You will find the below options , customize the settings whichever suits your scenario ,

Screenshot 2022-09-14 at 10.36.20 AM.png

Hi Rithesh,

Thanks for the reply, I've tried that option, but will I end up creating a policy to deploy that to all users? Also, is there any limitations to intel macs and m1s? I've actually tried doing a remote command test on a laptop and it didn't really complete that required task. Any ideas why? 

Posted twice by mistake. 

Samstar777
Contributor II

Hello @jamflover 

If your end goal is to give end user the ability to trigger the Software Update download and Install by themselves than Nudge is also a great option.

You can find documentation / readme file from here

-Sam

Hi Sam,

Thanks for reaching out! I just want them to be able to have the software updated but not through the Nudge. 

@jamflover 

May be you can review this link if it helps you.