Pushout .POTX template to all users Powerpoint.

nickconway
New Contributor

I created a package that contained here the .potx lives for PowerPoint /username/library/group containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/user content/Templates

Then when creating the package i checked the FEU and FUT boxs.

Added the package to Self Service, but when I install it it doesn't put the template where I need it.

Anyone had success with this type of thing?

We are running Office 2016365 here.

Thanks
Nick

9 REPLIES 9

tnielsen
Valued Contributor

You created a dmg right?

jsherwood
Contributor

No problems here - we push our templates out using a policy.

The DMG we've created looks like this:

1e69183af3cb4fb1bf52d7ed09ad45db

nickconway
New Contributor

Do you do just self service or automatically push it out to everyone? Also I created a .pkg, I will try it now as .DMG.

jsherwood
Contributor

We push it as part of our build workflow but it works exactly the same from Self Service.

The key is the DMG - it's the only way to get the files into the user profiles.

nickconway
New Contributor

Great thanks .DMG did the trick, and it pushes out nicely at recurring checkin. Do you have set to ongoing or just once per user? I went with once per user at the moment.

Thanks

jsherwood
Contributor

We've got it set to once per computer on a recurring checkin - when our templates change we just flush the logs to queue it for deployment.

nickconway
New Contributor

Perfect thanks.

talkingmoose

As an alternative to deploying to user home folders, you can also place templates for everyone for all applications here:

"/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Office365/User Content"

See: Installing User Content in Office 2016 for Mac

kiltedtenor
New Contributor II

Hey All,

Hate to revive an old thread, but seeing as there was already a lot of good info here, I was wondering if anyone had any advice. I have made a .dmg that looks a lot like the one @jsherwood posted. Same location, etc. However, it only works on the machine I created the package on or other computers with my username on it. Wondering if it has something to do with being composed from within my user folder or something like that. Any help is appreciated!

Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 11.33.22 AM.png