QuarkXPress 9

nessts
Valued Contributor II

has anybody packaged quark to use a QLA server and not need an admin password on the first launch?

i have found all the files that quark needs, and upon first launch i am told my evaluation has expired, do i have license info, i say i do, then the setup assistant finds all the information i packaged with composer, and fills out all the fields, but then needs an admin pw to finish the install?

if nobody has anything off hand i think if i copy the quark prefs to root and run quark one time as root it will launch the setup asst as root and then does not need an admin pw to complete, but i would really rather not have to have the users click through the setup asst.

2 REPLIES 2

talkingmoose

We run QuarkXPress with the Quark License Administrator (QLA) server, which allows us to use one serial number.

I have two packages. The first is just the QuarkXPress installer as I receive it from Quark. This goes straight into Casper Admin. The second package is for licensing. It contains a couple of files: a resource file that stores the license within the application bundle itself and the QLA properties file stored within the application folder that is used to locate the QLA server.

To install requires pushing just these two packages. The same applies for my version 8.0 installs as well. No problems to report.

My guess is that you're probably repackaging QuarkXPress but not including the Quark scripting component found in /Library/ScriptingAdditions. If that's missing then Quark will want to install it and that will require admin privileges.

ernstcs
Contributor III

What William has stated is how we've done this in the past as well.